When I first stumbled across this blog post I thought that it was legit and I couldn’t believe that someone had created a Google+ Expert Training course within weeks of Google+ launching and on top of it when it’s in a limited field trial stage.
I mean, these sort of “training courses” are heavily punted around the interwebs and sadly many people fall for taking these courses (for exorbitant fees), buying ebooks or attending social media seminars with social media guru’s, experts and ninjas… kind of reminds me of the saying: “In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king!”
Google+ Expert Course will be $4,995.00
You should head over to Center Networks to read Allen Stern’s tongue-in-cheek post. Below is an excerpt of what you can expect to learn when you register for your Google+ Expert Training Course:
What will you learn at the Google+ Expert Course? We are still finalizing the course materials but here’s a taste to get your saliva going:
- How to add the right profile pic to your Google+ profile
- How to optimize your profile for maximum SEO rankings
- What city should you set your profile to? You might be surprised at the answer!
- How to instantly add 1,000 followers to your account
- The one secret word to get Scoble to share your post
- How to generate revenue using affiliate marketing inside your Google+ account
- How to get your Google Plus profile into the top 100 so you can show how much of an expert you are
- How to post baby photos and what to do when the kids grow up
- For agency folks, how to convince your clients to pay you lots of money to create a Google+ account
- How to get your Google+ threads listed on Techmeme
- How to create silly “poll” threads to get lots of comments
- Tips on maximizing pageviews outbound from Google+ to your blog
- How to cancel your blog, Twitter and/or Tumblr and live within Google+
Currently the price target for the Google+ Expert Course will be $4,995.00 with discounts offered if you purchase a table of 10 seats for your team. As a bonus, the first 25,000 people to pay full price will receive a signed Google Buzz invite.
All jokes aside, soon we’ll be seeing these sort of training courses circulating on Twitter, Facebook and anywhere else where con men (and women) can take some poor suckers hard earned cash! Get your garlic necklaces ready…